Comprehensive Emergency Evacuation Drill
With the participation of Civil Defense, on 10th Jun 2015 IMCO had conducted comprehensive emergency evacuation drill for all its staff, students, visitors and contractors with semi-real scenario (fighting fire in petrochemical work shop). By the great effort form IMCO fire wardens team all IMCO occupants had evacuated out of the buildings in around three minutes and gathered at the designated assembly points.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
The Management of International Maritime College Oman attaches the greatest importance to safeguarding the health and safety of all staff, students, visitors and others who use the premises, and regards the promotion of health and safety measures as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels.
It is our policy to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety of all employees, students and any other persons who may be directly affected by the activities of the College.
IMCO will, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Aim to achieve compliance with legal requirements through good occupational health and safety performance.
- Provide adequate resources to implement this policy.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy study and working environment.
- Ensure that significant risks arising from work activities under our control are eliminated or adequately controlled.
- Develop and implement appropriate occupational health and safety procedures, and safe study and working practices.
- Include the management of health and safety as a specific responsibility of managers at all levels.
- Ensure this policy is understood and implemented throughout the organization.
- Involve employees in health and safety decisions through consultation and co-operation.
- Maintain study classes and workplaces under our control in a condition that is safe and without risk to health.
- Regularly review compliance with the policy and the management system that support it.
- Provide sufficient information, instruction and supervision to enable all students and employees to avoid hazards and contribute to their own health and safety at work.
- Ensure that students and employees receive appropriate training, and are competent to carry out their designated responsibilities.
Risk Management Policy Statement
International Maritime College Oman (IMCO) defines risk as "the threat or possibility that an action or event will adversely or beneficially affect an organization’s ability to achieve its objectives." Risks may thus be either opportunities or threats.
IMCO is proactive in its approach to risk management, balances the cost of managing risk with anticipated benefits, and undertakes contingency planning in the event that critical risks are realized.
The objective of the College’s Risk Management processes is to add value to normal management processes by providing a mechanism for:
- Identifying systemic risks that could occur at the International Maritime College Oman.
- Recognizing that there are a panoply of risks that attend any action and be prepared, to the extent possible, to withstand the financial impact of them.
- Minimizing the chances of the adverse event occurring and its potential , by implementing and enforcing safety measures
- Shifting the burden of the financial impact of the adverse event to a third part.
- Identifying whether the College’s strategic risks are both understood and managed at an appropriate level.
It is the responsibility of all Management members, staffs, students and volunteers to identify, analyze, evaluate, respond, monitor and communicate risks associated with any activity, function or process within their relevant scope of responsibility and authority.